There are 5 reasons SpringHill Suites is the number one family hotel in Williamsburg, Virginia. There are a lot of free food and drink options, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, there are some nice recreational options, the amenities are amazing, and the hotel is convenient to many area attractions.
1. The Food and Drinks
I’ll start with everyone’s favorite feature in a family hotel – the food!! Upon check-in, we were greeted with perfectly melty chocolate chip cookies and fruit infused water. There was also a big bowl of Chupa Chup lollipops that the kids were happy to select from!
After a comfortable night’s sleep, we woke up to enjoy a fantastic complimentary breakfast buffet. The buffet area is very spacious, so even though it was crowded at times, it was always easy to navigate.
Breakfast options included:
- Scrambled eggs – optional shredded cheese, fresh spinach, and salsa toppings
- A breakfast meat – rotates between bacon, ham, etc.
- Pastries and breads – muffins tasted freshly baked, scones were also a yummy treat!
- Oatmeal – optional sweeteners, dried fruits, and nuts
- Cereal – four different choices from healthy to sugary
- DIY Belgian Waffles – optional whipped cream, powdered sugar, and syrup
- There were also a few types of yogurts, fresh fruit, juices, cream cheese, and Nutella. One day, they even had biscuits and gravy!
** Breakfast is conveniently offered 6:30-9:30 am weekdays and 7:00-10:00 am weekends (confirm with front desk in case of schedule changes).
The well-maintained coffee and tea station is open 24/7 and includes both caffeine and decaf along with flavored creamers and various sweetener choices.
2. The Rooms
This is an all-suites hotel and we stayed in the lowest cost room category, which had two queen beds and a convertible sofa bed.
This family hotel was especially spacious at 416 square feet!
In the living room area, there is a large sink area and counter with a microwave, refrigerator/freezer, and storage cabinets. There is also a large desk with several outlets. The convertible sofa bed is across from the desk and has a television across from it. Also, there is a handy portable snack table that is convenient for eating meals or resting cocktails on. 🙂
The sleeping area is separated by a privacy wall. It is a half wall that shields about ¾ of the queen beds. We found this super convenient with our kids. We were able to put them to bed while we could hang out in the living room and watch television.
In addition, the sleeping area also has a television and a big closet. The beds and pillows were super comfy and clean.
The bathroom sink is across from the beds. Again, more convenience points. This allowed us to get ready while someone was using the bathroom. The bathroom was also pretty big! It had a full bathtub and a great shower.
3. Recreational Options
There is a very nice indoor pool and hot tub that is open from 6 am to 11 pm. The pool goes from 3 feet to 5 feet deep. It is a little bit small for laps, but it is good for a quick swim. They have towels available and plenty of chairs. I always love all-season recreation when searching for a quality family hotel!
Another plus is the 24-hour fitness room right next to the pool. It is small, but enough to get the job done with has a few cardio machines, free weights, and televisions overlooking the pool area.
Across the parking lot, theResidence Inn has a small basketball court that SpringHill Suites guests can use as well.
Kiwanis Park is just under a half mile walk from the area and has a playground, picnic area, basketball court, several lighted tennis courts, and ball fields. Walking directions: https://goo.gl/maps/3ssmuun8W8J2
There are also several popular golf courses within a short drive.
There are several nice amenities in the hotel aside from everything already mentioned above.
- In the lobby, there is a small snack mart that has cold drinks, frozen meals, ice cream, snacks, and toiletries. There is also a limited selection of beer and wine.
- Be sure to grab some brochures for area attractions and coupon books in the hall right outside of the snack mart!
- There is a business center in a quiet nook across from the front desk with a workspace, a computer, and a printer.
- There are also on-site laundry facilities, an especially convenient find in a family hotel.
- Complimentary internet service is available throughout the hotel. It is easy to sign into and works very well.
- In the room, you can enjoy Paul Mitchell bath products and Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee.
5. Area Attractions
Finally, there is plenty to do close to this popular family hotel. These fun attractions are less than a 3-mile drive from the SpringHill Suites:
- Colonial Williamsburg – Most noteworthy, this popular historic area has many options for visitors to do and see.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – Right across from the hotel, this museum is a great rainy day option. It has an Odditorium museum, a 4D theater, a laser maze, AtomicRUSH arcade game, and an outdoor mini-golf course.
- Bounce House Williamsburg– Indoor, air-conditioned inflatable play center with free internet plus laser tag.
- AMF Williamsburg Bowling Alley – Classic bowling along with a sports bar and an arcade.
- Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf – A fun pirate-themed miniature golf course.
Also, there are a ton of food options nearby including a Japanese steakhouse, several pancake houses, and Tripadvisor top-rated American favorite, Food for Thought, which offers a unique menu sure to please anyone!
Of course, FunFitnessFamily’s favorite attraction in the area is Busch Gardens, known as the World’s Most Beautiful Theme Park.
In conclusion, whatever you choose to do while you’re in Williamsburg, we’re sure you will have a fabulous stay at SpringHill Suites family hotel!
** This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more information **