We are excited to announce FunFitnessFamily.com’s Top Family Travel Blogs to receive The Sunshine Blogger Award! We meticulously picked out 11 of the best family travel blogs out there that offer unique content to help our followers plan amazing travel experiences with their families.
We are also very thankful to Sydny, a family and lifestyle blogger for nominating us for The Sunshine Blogger Award! If you are a new parent, you’ve got to check out The Cathey Home’s Facebook page! Sydny offers practical tips on how to be productive with a baby in tow!
As part of my award acceptance, I must answer 11 intriguing questions from Sydny. I hope you enjoy reading a little bit more about me! Then, I will reveal the big announcement…..FunFitnessFamily’s Top Family Travel Blogs: The Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees!
Q&A from my Nomination:
1. What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?
My least favorite thing about blogging is how long it takes to complete a blog post. I am great about writing up a draft and have tons of ideas. However, it takes a long time to complete the final, polished version, tag it appropriately, size up my pictures, and make the blog post presentable in all my social media formats. Once those pieces are done, I get to move on to my favorite part – sharing my blog post with all of my followers!
2. Do you have any tattoos? If so how many?
Well, this is an easy one…the answer is no. If I were to get a tattoo, it would definitely be a tattoo of Mighty Mouse. That is the best representation of me – small, but mighty – and a great throwback to the 1980’s cartoon. LINK
3. What time of year is your favorite?
My favorite time of year is the summer. The funny thing is once I was finished with school and had to work year-round, my favorite time of the year became the fall because I love the nice weather and all the fun activities that happen that time of year. Now that I have school-age children though, summertime is our biggest opportunity to travel so I am back to summer as my favorite season!
4. Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
While not exactly a toy, being an avid traveler, my favorite thing as a child was my Snoopy suitcase that I still have to this day! I have always LOVED to travel and go to new and exciting places. I especially have lots of fond memories of going to the beach and to Disney World with my family when I was little.
5. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink (if you drink, if not your favorite non-alcoholic drink is fine)?
Ooh! This is a hard one, but I’d have to say that my favorite alcoholic drink is a Mai-Tai made in Jamaica! Nothing beats Appleton Rum, mon!
6. Who is your celebrity crush? (it’s ok mine is embarrassing too)
I will have to go with John Cena. I mean, how can I not?! I think he is a great representation of impeccable health. Get it?! ImPECcable?! 😉
7. If you could change your name, what name would you give yourself?
I would not change my name. Luckily, my parents made the last-minute decision to switch away from naming me the southern sounding name of Crystal Ann (living in NJ no less) to Darla. I was named after the pioneer girl character from the Little Rascals that was described as ‘cute and adorable’. Since I only grew to be 5 feet tall, that is pretty fitting plus the resemblance ended up being very close to the 1930’s television character!
8. What are you most afraid of?
That is an easy one! Anyone that knows me will be quick to answer here. BUGS! Any and all types of bugs! Even butterflies! I mean, butterflies are cool from a distance, but PLEASE do not land on me!!
9. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
This is going to sound hilarious coming from a fitness freak, but I swear I have forgotten to ride a bike. I know that someday, I’ll have to back off my running and give my knees a break, but I like keeping my feet on the ground. If I could get myself back on a bike, I know I’d love to be able to cover more ground and bike around when we are traveling!
10. Would you choose $250k in spending money or a dream home that was paid off?
I would choose $250k in spending money and use it to travel, of course! I don’t like to stay in the same place all the time.
11. Are you always early or late?
Again, this is another easy answer for those of you that know me well. I am always LATE! I was even born late. If I was a cartoon character, I would be the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.
My Nominations for the Top Family Travel Blogs:
Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels….Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles…Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings…These are a few of my favorite things….Now, without further ado, here are FunFitnessFamily’s Top Family Travel Blogs: The Sunshine Blogger Award Nominees!
1. Mommatogo – Family travel blogger that is truly a Momma on the go from NY to FL and all points in between, East and West.
2. Love, Laughter & Luggage – Teacher and family blogger with a big focus on historical sites, National Parks, and Disney among other neat places.
3. Jersey Family Fun – This is another family travel blog primarily concentrated on places to go in the Northeast U.S., but it also covers fun things to do as a family at home such as holiday crafts and cooking with kids.
4. Travel Plus Family – Skipping over to the West Coast, this blogger offers several Colorado guides, covers other West Coast areas, all things Disney, and general articles on family fun. She also offers blogging tips and runs the Awesome Travel Bloggers Facebook Group for those interested in travel blogging.
5. Dad’s Vacation Guide – This Dad has some great guides on his website that cover many big U.S. cities plus a big section on Disney. He also offers a ton of travel tips for traveling with kids.
6. Minivan Adventures – Michigan-based blogger covering things to do with kids in the Midwest along with trips to other U.S. destinations and family fun ideas you can do from anywhere.
7. Traveling with Kidz – A.K.A. Adventures of the Super 8 is a potpourri of content from a travel-loving family of eight! There is a good section on National and State Parks, travel articles that span several continents, and a wealth of travel and general parenting information.
8. Highlights Along the Way – This is another cool site that incorporates travel articles along with some cool Disney content, plus food and family info, and all kinds of “thrifty stuff” to peruse.
9.Enjoying the Days – This family makes it a point to “enjoy something each day” and it shows. Follow them on their travel adventures and read some inspirational posts along the way!
10. Five for the Road– New York-based blogger covering theme parks, East Coast travel, local family fun, and family travel planning advice.
11. The Frugal Navy Wife – Full-time RV traveler offering a ton of travel articles, information about the RV lifestyle and camping, plus tips on how to “roadschool” your children if you are looking to go on the road year-round.